Setting Up Online Quickbooks Backup Service
CPA Site Solution’s online backup system, The Protector, installs with a few clicks in less than a minute. It’s fully automated – once installed, it runs on its own. You never have to think about it. It does all the work of protecting your data while you run your firm. Your files are stored off-site, fully protected.
Your data is totally secure. It’s encrypted with the same high-level security algorithm used by banks and government agencies. Absolutely no one but you has access to your backed-up files.
You can see your backed-up files on a special online drive on your computer. If you want to restore them, all you need to do is drag them out of the online backup drive and drop them onto your computer.
Online Backup Installation:
- Installing QuickBooks Online Backup is easy. Just visit our Online Backup page and at the bottom of the page, click the download button to start!
- The setup wizard will start and you just need to follow the prompts. Click the Next button to continue with the installation process
- Check Mark the “I accept the terms in the License Agreement” and then click Next to continue.
- Allow the program to install in the default directory specified. Click Next to continue.
- Click Install to begin.
- Once the installation has completed, you will be prompted to Click Finish.
- To activate your Online Backup, fill out the form and click Accept license agreement and activate> or if you have an account, click I already have an account and you’ll be prompted to login.
- Gillware has a tutorial video that will start once you have activated the account.
- You will see the message that the Activation is successful! Then you can start to backup files and make scheduled backups! You can review the video help and the link to manage your account online at https://backup.gillware.com/dashboard.
Please Note: Keep note the information from the screen for use when calling Gillware technical support.
- You will also receive an email to the address you put in when setting up the account with a video intro.
Keep this for your records!
Online Backup Process:
- Once QuickBooks Online Backup is installed, it’s a simple matter to mark any QuickBooks file to be automatically backed up. Just right click on the file and select CPASiteSolutions Remote Backup.
- To backup a file immediately, select Backup Remotely Now.
Mark For Backup will mark a message to be backed up on one of five schedules, Critical, High, Medium, Low or Never.
- Each schedule can be managed under Tasks
- Start Time determines when the backup process will begin
Run task every: Sets the daily recurrence of the backup
Repeat task every: For more frequent backups, check this box and select an hourly schedule. Click Save.
- You can retrieve backed up information right through your computer’s “My Computer” option. You’ll see a CPA Site Solutions Protector option there. That’s a quick login to your stored documents.